windows 7 version

View previous topic View next topic Go down

windows 7 version

Post by popn'corn on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:56 pm

Ok people I need some input. I want to purchase a copy of windows 7. I would like to know the pros and cons for each version and then make a decision on what version of windows 7 I want to get. Should I get 32 bit or 64 bit version? Ultimate or Professional? I am looking for a system that will play old version of xp games and obviously the new arrivals eg ET and BFBC2. Security and satbility is what I want.

Any ideas?

popn'corn

Number of posts : 41
Birthday : 1970-12-07
Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: windows 7 version

Post by gumby on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:19 pm

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
gumby

Number of posts : 357
Birthday : 1978-09-01
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by popn'corn on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:53 pm

I do have the ultimate version of windcrack already but I am looking for a legit copy.

If you were to get a version 64 bit or 32 bit?
popn'corn

Number of posts : 41
Birthday : 1970-12-07
Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Boyo on Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:08 pm

It used to be when you bought a copy of Windows you would have to buy either 32 or 64 bit editions. Microsoft stopped that bs so now when you buy a copy of Windows 7 you get both Very Happy

If I were to go out and buy a legit copy I would go with home premium (I like aero). I don't think anyone needs to buy those extra features in the pricier copies when you can just grab some free software to do the same thing Razz

Here is a link to a site with pictures that show all the different features between windows 7.
http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/04/30/windows-7-whats-the-difference-between-the-editions

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Boyo

(\_/)
(O.o) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny to your signature
(> <) to help him achieve world domination
Boyo

Number of posts : 501
Birthday : 1989-01-29
Registration date : 2009-01-28

http://Benjaminwelch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:02 pm

Honestly, I would'nt bother with anything more than pro 64 bit. Even that has a bit of bloatware I tend to remove. Stick w/ 64 bit for better future program compatibility...even if your not heavily vested in 64 bit programs yet.....the future is here.

Idk about you guys and gals. But I don't use windows media features at all. I'm a lossless/flac type, I use Winamp w/ a flac plugin. Media Player Classic Home Theater 64 bit (corporate), and you can play every vid file there is. Windows Defender is a joke...and a bad one. Plus, I'll take a hardware firewall over any software version any day of the week. Nor do I use Outlook Express under any circumstances.

Honestly, more security holes are closed by default w/ pro vs. home versions (it's safer for a non-power user). Although, it does come w/ Truecrypt on the pro version, I gut it and use the non M$, open source installer. Otherwise, anything else included w/ the higher versions is just unneeded and unwanted bloat to me.

[img][/img]
jOn3z3y

Number of posts : 2272
Birthday : 1973-10-31
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top