One of those too late moments.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

One of those too late moments.

Post by chiller345 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:40 pm

Anybody every had one of those moments where you either don`t see it or don`t care, but then once you notice it or start caring it`s already too late and that thing was awesome? One of mine was this one time I was bored, so I poked around one of my dad`s offices.

When I got to the front desk, I realized, with a few modifications, my dream computer was sitting right there, with a very tempting Xeon processor. I`m not sure how many cores, but judging by the fact that he told me it was to move data and do many other things around the entire about 10, give or take 2 computer office, it looked pretty good. Then I realized it was too late, because he was already using it, and he was likely gonna keep using it for a long time.

chiller345

Number of posts : 65
Birthday : 1990-05-10
Location : Za Warudo, Human Dominated Forward moving time Universe #1
Registration date : 2010-08-18

http://chiller345.has-no-homepage.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: One of those too late moments.

Post by Boyo on Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:16 pm

That sucks, I've never had one of those moments Razz

The only computers I've had the oportunity of getting, were dells and an ibm server. I have them all but they were getin old Sad

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Boyo

(\_/)
(O.o) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny to your signature
(> <) to help him achieve world domination
Boyo

Number of posts : 501
Birthday : 1989-01-29
Registration date : 2009-01-28

http://Benjaminwelch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y on Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:49 pm

Xeon's are ok....but Magny Cours 12 cores perform better and are less expensive. Plus, the Bulldozer server platform outs in a few months w/ 12-16 cores. Intel's falling further behind by the moment, in server tech.

Don't be too surprised if AMD's Bulldozer desktop cpu's are on par w/ Intel's Sandy Bridge cpu's. Physical cores > virtual cores (aka hyperthreading).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[img][/img]
jOn3z3y

Number of posts : 2272
Birthday : 1973-10-31
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by chiller345 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:18 pm

jOn3z3y wrote:Xeon's are ok....but Magny Cours 12 cores perform better and are less expensive. Plus, the Bulldozer server platform outs in a few months w/ 12-16 cores. Intel's falling further behind by the moment, in server tech.

Don't be too surprised if AMD's Bulldozer desktop cpu's are on par w/ Intel's Sandy Bridge cpu's. Physical cores > virtual cores (aka hyperthreading).

AMD and Intel just outdo themselves over and over and over and over.

Also, you sure know how to make me feel somewhat worse and better at the same time Razz
chiller345

Number of posts : 65
Birthday : 1990-05-10
Location : Za Warudo, Human Dominated Forward moving time Universe #1
Registration date : 2010-08-18

http://chiller345.has-no-homepage.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:29 pm

chiller345 wrote:
jOn3z3y wrote:Xeon's are ok....but Magny Cours 12 cores perform better and are less expensive. Plus, the Bulldozer server platform outs in a few months w/ 12-16 cores. Intel's falling further behind by the moment, in server tech.

AMD and Intel just outdo themselves over and over and over and over.

Also, you sure know how to make me feel somewhat worse and better at the same time Razz

Lol! True, and my bad Very Happy

[img][/img]
jOn3z3y

Number of posts : 2272
Birthday : 1973-10-31
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top