banning in error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

banning in error

Post by djf.subzero on Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:44 am

hey lads,

unfortunately it seems i have been banned, which i believe was in error. i always abide by the rules, as i expect those to abide by the rules in our server. a team member asked what my homepage was and in the heat of battle, accidentally replied in public chat.

for those of you that havent seen me around, im the co of the solo-elite.com australian division. nice to meet you and hope you will come to a fair decision.

ty

djf.subzero

Number of posts : 3
Birthday : 1985-04-13
Registration date : 2010-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: banning in error

Post by gumby on Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:57 am

Ill check it out and get back to you

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
gumby

Number of posts : 357
Birthday : 1978-09-01
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by gumby on Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:34 am

No one asked for your website, and what you actually said,, "If anyone wants to see the new f1 game visit solo-elite.com". So i went and had a look and what do you know,, its bad company 2 clan. No one had mentioned the game and i saw it as sly way to get players to your website.

A couple of other Quotes from the server logs:
[UTC 09/25/2010 22:44:42.139] Chat message from DJF.SUBZERO to all: the admin obviously running a hack
[UTC 09/25/2010 22:44:50.248] Chat message from DJF.SUBZERO to all: this server can get fucked

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
gumby

Back to top Go down

Post by djf.subzero on Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:54 pm

to clarify some misunderstandings, allow me to speak frankly.

firstly, if we're talking infringements, the people deserve some vote equally as much as your clan reserves the right to moderate its servers. afterall, its the players that join your room that keep it appealing enough to sustain consistent numbers.
regarding your own clans infringement, there are not multiple, but several witnesses on exactly two occasions that ive been informed about- in fairness i was present one of these times and thats why you saw me flame you guys... it was of course for a reason as youd expect- that have seen hacks executed freely on your server. given that the nature of the hack forced everybody (or nominated Volunteers cough) on the opposing side to be suddenly "relocated" to a position of the map that was conveniently situated in front of a tank ready for a mass road holocaust, there is no need to debate that only an admin would have these kind of privileges required to perform said offenses. Now, whether you guys had a bad apple or not is none of my concern- i suspect it has already been brought to your attention and dealt with accordingly. but we don't abandon your server for a slipup that may or may not have been caused by your own clan members do we. we let it go because its not worth it. your procon logs should verify this, and given it occured 2 weeks ago, Im not here to have a mudslinging match with you guys though the above aims to point out that there have been other occurrences of serious concern that you'd think would have precedence over a petty dispute to which im astonished is actually being contended past the first post.. when comparing it to a once off advert infringement, accidental or malicious in intention beside the point- is a permanent ban necessary when you consider who is being banned and for what reasons?

in this case, you should consider why i would actually "appeal" for an unban when a) we have our own servers and b) if i was an idiot, i would probably hold a grudge long enough to believe google clan implement hacks all the time and therefore wouldnt be worth my time spent posting on this forum.. i'd likely diss your clan to anybody that was sad enough to wanna hear the daily bc2 news headlines.
but thats not the case and i do actually declare your clan to be authentic from the majority of what i've seen. it would be unfair to say otherwise. i enjoy shooting at you. please dont deny me that pleasure.

yes- i may have posted the msg about the f1 game.. though last time i checked, no1 gained any advantages against ur clan by diverting bc2 first person shooters to a formula 1 game. you can argue i was promoting the site, but without sounding arrogant, we don't need promotion mate. take a look around and make yourself at home. maybe even say hello and introduce yourself in a manner that reflects sportsmanship. at the end of the day, i dont expect you to care.. your server is your server.. what is it that you gain in the long term from this?

in the spirit of the game, lets not strip a persons right to share resources and encourage positive community activity amongst gamers that enjoy playing with one another. what you consider to be text on the screen as an advertisement actually has equal weight when any player by pressing tab can instantly see, on demand, an array of "advertising" text's that display everybody's clan tags beside their names. whats the difference? is public chat some type of exclusive super-bowl screen that forces players to lose concentration in the game? no.. most people wouldnt care.. and thats why i wouldnt bother lowering myself by intentionally trying to "steal your precious players" when they probably arent interested and if they were, wouldnt require adverts... you have no control over players before they join or after they leave your server. you say my intent is to use your rented space for the benefit of my clan, i say i have my own and this post has already had more effect than that quick 3 second flash in ur server would have had. i say that if you have anything to be concerned about, it would certainly be that you risk dying from a laughing hysteria before a respected squad ever stoops so low as to give you a big head because we were sneakily trying to take advantage of your server space. my message was certainly more productive in 1 line than a fair portion of the chat every round that goes by wasted because people like to swear a lot.

remember, ppl have favourite servers, your attempts to crowd control patrons do not prove to be effective when attempting to keep your numbers loyal to the server. if anyone wanted to join =S*E= it would be because they recognize our clarity of structure. wouldnt anybody rather more clans than random idiots that are more likely to play casually, infrequently and probably more likely to be base rapers and party poopers that will only end up having to be policed by your admins again anyway, under a different rule regulation?

come on, i would have thought one of the main priorities in any well-organized clan would be to encourage the growth of the game itself. if that means a greater variety of teams, it ultimately reflects back on you and your opportunity to enjoy the game with formidable players that cared enough to keep the game competetive with regular clan wars. and if that means giving it the benefit of the doubt so that you benefit on the long run, who are you really punishing here by telling me i cant join 1 less server out of a plethora to choose from besides our own.

i've got nothing against you guys, i just dont like being banned for things that arent serious enough to stick for more than 10 minutes and given the main reason im here is to promote sportsmanship and fairplay, since many of my friends are seen in your server regularly, i thought we could come to an agreement without it requiring a full page technical review.

if you dont want a part of that i understand... im not begging to be given access to a server that is moderated by those lacking consideration. but no matter which way you look at it, the only arguable reason you have to use is plainly, that it is a rule and that is enough to enforce a ban.

its a game. chillax.

djf.subzero

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y on Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:35 pm

One, we don't run hacks...nor allow them to be run on any of our servers except for a dedicated server in a different game, that is strictly for such things. Your accusations are ludicrous.

If you are a part of a clan, then you should well know that advertising is a serious offence. Not to mention rude, and unbecoming of a guest on someone elses server. Don't tell me you wouldn't ban someone for advertising on your server, we all know differently. Much less for making an ass out of yourself on the server whilst we were not there. Being that you've done the same here, I'm discerning a pattern. Label me, not impressed.

Your thinly veiled insults, blanket accusations, and general rambling way off the point...of the reason you were banned (TL:DR the rest of it). Is absolutely ridiculous. I can assure you, you have in no way influenced us in a positive manner, to lift that ban in any way/shape/form.

Btw, if you saw a botter on our servers. Then the correct protocol is to inform the clan that owns the server. Not make baseless accusations that it was us doing the hacking, with no proof of anything. You want to make an accusation against a clan member? You had better damned well have proof of such, to back up your claim. Slander doesn't go over well here.

Furthermore, what you experienced is a teleportation hack from an aimbot. Not an administrative command. Your ignorance of the game is profound. Even being a noob to the game myself, even I know what that is. If you don't know what hacks to look for, or what they look like. I don't see how you can claim effective adminstration of your own server.

[img][/img]
jOn3z3y

Number of posts : 2272
Birthday : 1973-10-31
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by gumby on Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:18 am

Bloody hell,,,why such a long post. I clean out the bans once a month and the only ones i leave are aimbotters, yours wont be permanent.
I am surprised you still think it was an admin abuse with the teleporting.
Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4AI4xH3o0g

gumby

Back to top Go down

Post by djf.subzero on Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:56 am

obviously we got off on the wrong foot here. allow me to point out that your assumptions of my supposed advertising intentions is why we're having this discussion. I clearly remember stating that it was not my prerogative to take care of people's cheating affairs in your server nor was it my responsibility or my uppermost priority to report such things when i've got my own fish to fry. Moreover, my view of your clan remains untarnished regardless of whether any of your clan members activated it in the server for "fun" or not. You missed the point. Assumptions can be a tricky thing, careful not to miss the point twice. Everytime you do so i have to type more to get it through your head.

If making a fool of myself in a post highlights my ignorance of hacking tools, call me the biggest noob out there. I'm proud to know nothing about it. Unlike yourself, i was actually present when this was taking place in your server, therefore the comments i made were absolutely on-song considering your clan members did nothing about it to the point where Reduxo Fear, darkwalker, TechNZ and pretty much all affected by this hack decided enough was enough. We didn't leave because we got killed, we left because it was an inconvenience to be in a server that wasn't moderated despite having clan members present. Sorry pal, that's their job to go up the ranks and let the crew know whats going down if they're unable to do it themselves. I already did my part in expressing my frustrations, as did others, that should be a hint enough, therefore I'm only slightly apologetic that my in-the-moment reaction to the situation could only be best expressed by venting a very direct statement that was aimed to get the sleepyhead admins off their asses. You've got proof of that, maybe instead of assuming that anyone without a google tag is automatically out to discredit you, perhaps you should take such language as a sample of how i would react if that was to occur in my server- i wouldn't be sitting there for more than 15 minutes; and you better believe if ANYONE had something to say, especially non SE, i'd be inclined to investigate it thoroughly first, that way if someone like myself had good reason to make those remarks i could at the least be in an informed position to agree with them and ensure it didn't happen again for the sake of saving face in your intelligent post that you seem to believe is satisfactory; as opposed to calling me a liar for the second time now on your own forum and making me out to be a loose cannon when you don't have the qualification to make any comments whatsoever- obviously, you're still not aware of the details otherwise you would be able to provide details of who that person was and what time precisely your admins acted to expel him from the server. Failure to do so in my book resembles something much closer to foul play than claiming it simply didn't happen when clearly your members in the server should have been on the ball ready to report it at the minimum.

My ability to manage my server is on par and ill have you know a little something about consistency, it starts with making sure you get rid cheaters before 15 people leave your server. That way, when someone gets banned for a minor infringement it seems fair when scaled against cheating issues that are denied without even asking questions from those directly involved, namely me. But you know it all of course, you deserve a promotion.
Its not my job to store proof of your server events. why would i bother recompiling fraps vids for your leisure when you can't even speak to me in a manner that recognizes your understanding of who your comments are directed at? and you want proof? go to your logs. if you're smart, there's several things you can look at to verify that i tell the fuckin truth. You want me as an admin put me on your casual payroll the job will be done but i will expect you to do the research before posting details about facts you clearly do not possess or even show interest in when speaking for your clan.
If you had of been present, you'd have agreed the way it was handled was dismal. If you're still confused that you need me give you hints, that's evidence enough you couldn't care less. Typical warning sign of egotistical bravery that ends up as red-faced cowardice when the time comes to officially make a statement that is open for all to see. Clearly, i saw this coming and was counting on it. Ha once again, i'm not keeping count of people's flaws i know very well people are human and make mistakes. What's trivial is that instead of seeing it as a positive learning curve to ensure you don't fault again, you proceed steadfast to the belief that i surely must have came all the way here to your forum, when i could have left for a fukin BBQ 10 minutes ago just to tell lies and flame a squad that i don't have a grudge against. clap clap time for promotion you've got my vote champ. thinly veiled is more than adequate when you should be the one to be giving us the details about why your server wasn't up to scratch when it mattered and you actually have the nerve to kick up a stink when attempting to handle something simple, like a url posting? yeah i wanna be just like you when i grow up... and you call me a noob? don't even use the word noob punk. that word is reserved for those that have licenses to use it freely on others.

In closing, let me tone it down a little bit while i reiterate that i am not here to form enemies. If you see it that way i sincerely apologize for anything that ive said thats caused you offense. I made a minor mistake with the specifics regarding what was said in public chat to instigate my banning. and there's no dispute it was the right thing to do at the time. Although on the other end of the spectrum, it might pay to specify the details of such banning impositions preferably in the server or directly by an admin before it occurs, to prevent sparking heated chit chat involving (on this occasion) members of google clan that seemed to have been predisposed towards making assumptions as opposed to speaking frankly about what has happened and what is planned to be done about it. Equally as valid the point for myself to do the same if necessary, though you could cut me some slack this time around, it does get hazy trying to explain how things looked like in the server especially given i expected more to be done about it sooner from a great squad such as yourselves. Hey we're all human, at the end of the day its your server, take your damn time, just be courteous with me and give the benefit of the doubt when by natural instinct i was more inclined to expect more from you guys. (That's a compliment btw)

cheers gumby, every month is fine with me and im happy to adhere to your policies.

ps. you want positivity? lets turn this barking into some fun on the battlefield. sooner the better. itchy trigger finger you know.

djf.subzero

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:42 am

Your inane garbage isn't worth reading or responding to. Liars make no headway here, and you've already proven yourself that. Congrats. Speaking of growing up, you should certainly make that a priority on your list and look to that.

My vote Gumby, leave this one banned.

Lol! /thread

If I had a nickle for every asshat that threw a tantrum when they didn't get their way....

[img][/img]
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by gumby on Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:36 am

You seem to have no idea. That specific hack on that day blocked all my rcon tools (which means no power for any admin)and there was nothing I could do about it, I have to wait until he leaves, go through all the logs and hope more than one person raged at him saying his name, then i can only ban him by his name and not ip or guid.
Sorry jonzey, i had to post, i cant stand people who think we just let this go on and dont care.

Ban is now permanent.

gumby

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y on Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:41 am

gumby wrote:Sorry jonzey, i had to post, i cant stand people who think we just let this go on and dont care.

No worries my friend. Anyone that knows this clan, also knows we don't put up with that. Nor allowing abuses on the site nor servers. One persons uninformed, ignorant opinion doesn't change reality.

[img][/img]
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top