Where the hell has j0n3z3y been??? pt. 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where the hell has j0n3z3y been??? pt. 3

Post by jOn3z3y on Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:47 am

As some of you may, or may not know...my birthday is at the very tail end of this month. When the air gets crisp and cool, evil lurks, and you feel that skeletal hand wrap it's bony fingers around your ankle! BOO!!!!!!! Yes, it' Halloween. Dia de la muerto. Sam Hain.

Nearly every year for the last 8 years, I put on a grand display of horror for my neighbors & friends. This year.....the evil terror in the fog draws near. And so it begins.

Not in your typical, could'nt scare a three year old fashion. Nooooo, those at Raven's Hollow Cemetary pride themselves in their crafts. Unique, and thick is the atmosphere for a true bone chilling experience. Much work is still to be done, idle hands are the devil's workshop....and the workshop is going full steam.

I present my 1st creation of this morbid curiosity....nearing completion.

The 1st of several effects currently in the workshop. A slight bit more weathering (mold, calcium staining & such) before it's finished. Tomorrow, my cauldron creep awaits you! Stay tuned, boys and girls Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Last edited by jOn3z3y on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[img][/img]
jOn3z3y

Number of posts : 2272
Birthday : 1973-10-31
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Where the hell has j0n3z3y been??? pt. 3

Post by DirkTheSupernaut on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:15 am

Looks like it's gonna be one black Sabbath, eh?
DirkTheSupernaut

Number of posts : 115
Birthday : 1994-09-30
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:38 am

For sure and certain. It always is. Nearly 20,000 cu.ft. per minute of fog banks rolling across the land scape. Demonic whispers, and distant screaming creeping up from a hole straight to hell.

Lightning & thunder crackle across the sky, whilst spirits lurk in the distance. Pacing back and forth, one ethereal poltergeist swings their ancient lantern too and fro. Skeleton's try to pry themselves from their dank, dark tombs.

Hmmm.....just wait....and see. Be sure you see them, before they set evil eyes on you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[img][/img]
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by DirkTheSupernaut on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:43 am

Well it can't ALWAYS be a black Sabbath, as Halloween doesn't always fall on a Sunday like it does this year.
DirkTheSupernaut

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:56 am

Halloween is the Sabbath to the druids, from whence it came. It doesn't matter the day of the week it falls on.

[img][/img]
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by DirkTheSupernaut on Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:20 am

THE Sabbath? I thought there were several...

Oh well, shows you what I know. My apologies for my ignorance.
DirkTheSupernaut

Back to top Go down

Post by Disdain on Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:14 pm

LOL, you take this very seriously! That's awesome! I'm impressed with the fact that you made that! But, I gotta say, that doesn't look scary to me. To me, he just looks like a monk walking out of a monastery. Maybe if he had scary eyes or holding a bloody dagger or something. Maybe even just some cob webs strung in there. You now have 9 days to get all this done...you're gonna be busy.

Disdain

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : 1967-09-15
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y on Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:08 pm

It's taken out of context now and that ones not finished yet. Back lit with a bank of fog rolling around it, and covered with tangled cobwebs, and restless spirits hovering near. It's all about the ambience. This is just a foreground....and yet a background effect if you catch my drift. Imagine this being lit by a flash of lightning, while smelling a decaying forrest in the fog wafting around it.....yeah, I have scented fog Shocked

The animated custom props, actors & actresses take center stage in the production. The tombstones just provide the backdrop. My goals are a degree of realism, a true gothic graveyard found in old Europe. With crypts, mausoleum's, monuments, mixed w/ commoners tombstones. Spirits, werewolves, zombies, and vampires. I don't do the gore more often found in todays haunted houses. A hint of it, but not an all out bloodbath.

The ghost that is coming 1/2 way out of the wall for instance. He'll be finished in a couple of days. Just getting ready to wire him and stretch the cheese cloth over him. He has 7 movements. Head turns and tilts, torso bends, arms move at both the shoulders and elbows.

Money's tight this year, but the next his jaw will move realistically with the scripted voice (to be added then as well). Full animatronic movement is ex-pen-siiiive. Think Disney's haunted house animatronics.....not Walmart and you'll get what I mean $$$ wise. Luckily, being electro-mechanically oriented. I salvage alot of parts from defunct electronics. I also build my own effects timers & triggers. Saves alot of money Razz

Actually, their lucky I don't have a good supply of cash this year. Very Happy

Lol...you should see the idea that's in my head for my angelic fountain. Imagine a 8ft diameter fountain, with an angel perched on a stone. When you pass....out of the corner of your eye, you see her turn as though following. No, it didn't move! It's not moving now. Yeah, I saw it move! You continue on the path....NO IT DEFINITELY MOVED!!! They look and the angel is weeping blood. Then opens it's eyes in a piercing gaze, and turns fully towards them. While they stare in amazement a Werewolf creeps up behind them Very Happy

Last edited by jOn3z3y on Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)

[img][/img]
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by Disdain on Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:17 pm

OMG - I'm glad I don't live by you! Yikes...I'm scared just reading your post. I can't believe you put all that work into Halloween. THAT'S AMAZING! I'm sure most people will enjoy and appreciate it. I'm not sure what happened to me because I use to love haunted houses and stuff like that, but I can't do those anymore. Maybe it's because I think I'll have a heart attack if I get scared like that now. LOL!

Good luck on your project j0nz. Please make sure you post the photos when you're done....I can't wait to see the finished product. Smile Maybe even a vid Smile
Disdain

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y on Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:25 pm

Certainly, will post more pics as I finish projects...and a vid of the night of. Very Happy

Btw, I'll be lurking in the cemetary wearing this....

With out the gay pose ofc, and modified a bit too Razz

The wallbreaker ghost I'm building, a friend and fellow haunter in town designed. I ofc, couldn't leave things be. Redesigned it a bit for a different movement and look. This however, is the original version...

[img][/img]
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDawg15 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:49 am

That's sweeeeeeeet Jonzy!!!

BigDawg
BigDawg15

Number of posts : 97
Birthday : 1966-12-07
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:19 am

BigDawg15 wrote:That's sweeeeeeeet Jonzy!!!

BigDawg

Danke Sehr, kind sir Very Happy Tomorrow I put the finishing touches on my obelisk tombstone. Both of the large ones are over 6 ft. tall. I'd go bigger, but I couldn't get them into the attic afterwards Razz

[img][/img]
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by Disdain on Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:01 am

That ghost is super creepy. Eerie!
Disdain

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y on Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:50 am

I wanted it to move a little faster than his....but I could'nt find a cheap motor in time to get it finished. So I settled for one I'll use for this year only. Found one yesterday thats 50% faster, too little....too late.

[img][/img]
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamma_smoker on Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:05 am

dang jonezy.....you are going all out hahaha. I wish I could stop by and see all your work in action
Lamma_smoker

Number of posts : 600
Birthday : 1989-04-29
Registration date : 2009-09-26

http://www.myspace.com/therude1

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y on Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:08 am

Very Happy You should see it when finished Razz This last week is always insane for me, crazy hours, little sleep, huge amount of work. I'm taking off from Wed. - Sun. just to get it done.

Sad to report, the obelisk is not finished for pics tonight. I will post the pics of the cauldron creep a little later though. Smile

*cracks whip* Back to work!!!

[img][/img]
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by Boyo on Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:39 am

Jon! That looks awesome! Please tell me that your making a 3D tour and posting it on youtube XD

Boyo

(\_/)
(O.o) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny to your signature
(> <) to help him achieve world domination
Boyo

Number of posts : 501
Birthday : 1989-01-29
Registration date : 2009-01-28

http://Benjaminwelch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y on Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:56 am

Sorry for the late hour, but I'm burning through the witching hour. Working my broomstick off. Very Happy My cauldron creep....as promised. The obelisk you can see in the background....nor much more to do. Just cut the top, and finish the paint.

If you look close, you can discern the toxic green lights in the cauldron. That & j0n3z3y's famous faux coals under the cauldron. Yes, they look very realistic. Smile I wish I had more money and time, but I'm running out of both. Too many cauldrons on the fire Razz

I made him out of salvaged junk mostly. He won't get all the detail I'd like, as I'm running short on time, but he does stir the cauldron. Next year, he'll see a serious revamp of the head. Including a to and fro swing, as he reads from the Necronomicon. Which, I carved out of foam, going to finish it with a print of a real page from the Necronomicon. As well as authentic cover, from a later print. I've got a vid of him in action that I'll post when I've got a little more time to edit it.

Pardon the mess, my landlord decided to replace the front porch. So I'm having to work around the construction guys at the same time. They had better be done by Wednesday....I'm not even kidding about that. :/

[img][/img]
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by DQRock on Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:16 am

Looks cool dude. I love Halloween, i get to ravage my kids candy bags.. Crazy
DQRock

Number of posts : 263
Birthday : 1969-11-22
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by mushroom on Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:54 pm

wow those coals are real as hell!!

I can't imagine why you wouldn't welcome any change, my friend.
mushroom

Number of posts : 256
Birthday : 1988-02-19
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y on Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:25 am

Amazing what you can do w/ a little expanding foam, and paint eh? Thanks for the compliment Very Happy

[img][/img]
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:41 am

Well boyz n girlz....the big day has come and gone. I'm sorry to report my cam doesn't do low light, nor uv very well. So no cool night time shots.

I'll post the vid when I'm finished editing it, but for now....after a month and a half non-stop. I'm taking a night off Very Happy

Enjoy...

[img][/img]
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by BunBun<3 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:03 am

nice mate

If you use this program and got ban , kick , caught by police , block by users or computer monitor explodes
is not my responsibility and its your own fault .

Left the clan?
BunBun<3

Number of posts : 2035
Birthday : 1989-09-07
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Disdain on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:57 pm

THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!! I can see why you were so busy...that's an elaborate set-up there.

My fav props:
Ghost coming out of wall
Witch and cauldron
Bat...it looked so real!

Great job! Thanks for posting the pics!
Disdain

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y on Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:46 am

Thanks! Very Happy Yeah, it's pretty elaborate. Each year it gets moreso, the angelic fountian is next years project. You can't really tell from the pic I posted, but the lantern is animated. I made a gimbal mount for it, attached a motor to rotate a high speed fan around, acting similar to a NOTAR (no tail rotor) conversion on a helicopter.

Basically, it causes the lantern to move on 2 axis (technically three because of the arc the gimbal induces). Giving a gentle vertical and horizontal movement similar to a ghostly hand moving it.

It's subtle in the light of the camera flash, but the hole in front of the Gargoyle's column is also lit using the exact same method I used in the bed of coals under the cauldron. A bit of a different take on a effect called a "hell hole" with my own personal touches. I can't wait to get a camera that is better in low light and ultra violet spectrums so I can get good video of everything. I like everything dim and gloomy (as a cemetary should be), the night of. Very Happy

I just realized while packing it up. I made 2/3's of everything I have now Laughing

[img][/img]
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top