[Guide] Crack the password to a computer running Windows XP or Vista

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Guide] Crack the password to a computer running Windows XP or Vista

Post by Boyo on Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:51 pm

Dont tell anyone but there is a really cool app called ophcrack (http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/) There are two things that you can do. Install it onto the computer or put it onto a flash drive. Download all the rainbow tables (thats an option when you install it). Or you can download the LiveCD.

The how to guide can be found here http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/ophcrack/index.php?title=Ophcrack_Howto

I would now recommend the live cd. Download imgburn from filehippo.com, download the live cd, pop a new cd into your computer, double click the live cd file or open it in imgburn, than the cd is made. Now put the cd into a computer, start up the computer and press F8 or F12 depending what the boot option is, click boot from cd, and let the cd work its magic. The cd only has the free cracks that only crack easy passwords less than 8 charactors (american alphabet and numbers 1-9).

Last edited by Boyo on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Boyo

(\_/)
(O.o) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny to your signature
(> <) to help him achieve world domination
Boyo

Number of posts : 501
Birthday : 1989-01-29
Registration date : 2009-01-28

http://Benjaminwelch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [Guide] Crack the password to a computer running Windows XP or Vista

Post by Jake Blues on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:45 am

If you need to access a User Account on XP, load windows in safe mode, login as admininstrator (which is almost never password protected). Once windows has loaded go to control panel\user accounts and set the users password to nothing then load windows normally and in you go.

Theres probably easier than that but thats how I do it.
Jake Blues
Admin

Number of posts : 624
Birthday : 1982-01-04
Registration date : 2009-01-19

http://www.phoenix-etclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nfkiller on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:22 am

or you could take out the "pwsd" jumper on the motherboard... no password after that Very Happy Very Happy hehe

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Google_nfkiller
-Forum Admin/Clan Leader
nfkiller
Admin

Number of posts : 687
Birthday : 1995-03-22
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Boyo on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:24 am

If people are smart enough (like me Very Happy ) Admin account is locked.

thats just the motherboard and not the os. Jumper is good for bypassing a password but to reset it you gotta cut off ALL power supply (unplug power cords and battery).

Boyo

(\_/)
Boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Flu$h on Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:47 pm

Also handy thing if you want to change the administrator's password:
1. Go on a user which isn't protected with a password (Admin has got password at most computers)
2. Open DOS Prompt
3. Typ in: Net user
4. You get a list with users, now typ in: Net user [name of the user]
5. Again you get a large list with user-details.
6. Now typ in: Net user [name of the user] [password you like]
7. And the user's password has been changed!

This works on most computers, some computers are extra protected. It can also be that it just doesn't work on certain computer versions, if you wanna know on which computers this works, search google!

Grtz
Flu$h

Number of posts : 13
Birthday : 1994-01-01
Registration date : 2009-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by BunBun<3 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:40 pm

or u can get a password resetter called the ultimate boot disk and it will reset ur passwords lol

If you use this program and got ban , kick , caught by police , block by users or computer monitor explodes
is not my responsibility and its your own fault .

Left the clan?
BunBun<3

Number of posts : 2035
Birthday : 1989-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y on Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:31 pm

Lol...it would'nt work w/ me. Bios password protection w/ the boot order changed to my flash drive w/ password contained therein. My log in is to the adminstrator accnt. Even the SUPPORT_388945a0 login password is changed and locked out,all others as well.

Btw...if u want to make it difficult to maually reset your bios password....simply cut off the third pin for resetting which u can still use if u have a steady hand and a small screwdriver or other small piece of ferrous metal.

If your good at soldering,simply remove the pins and hide a small dpdt switch somewhere in ur case. I like under the motherboard,just under the edge where it can't be seen w/ enough wire harnessed in to allow u to pull it out for ez access. Heatshrink the switch so it doesn short anything out. This is simple on a mobo designed for OC'ing as they usually have a bios reset switch on them anyway. Don't forget 2 gently sand off the legend on the Mobo or someone smart can figure it out.

Also....Biometric scanners can be bypassed w/ the method Jake suggested. It's really too bad they don't run in the bios itself. Need to destroy a hard drive w/ sensitive information on it? Easy, 2 methods are available. Most of you would know about over write programs.

Plenty are available....up to and including Gutman alogorithms. Which supposedly no one can recover. At least,the NSA uses a 7 pass over write on their hd's when replacing them or deleting sensitive material. Some will over write as many as 25 x's more. I aquired DBan's Boot and Nuke as well,havent retired a hd since so Idk if its as good as it says. It's open source and deserves a look. It will destroy (permanently?) all data on all hd's on the computer simultaneously.

But if you want the end all in hd total destruction....do this far away 2 meters/6ft from the computer itself (and all other non shielded electronics for that matter). Use a magnetic bulk eraser,used by recording/production companies for erasing magnetic tape drives, audio tapes,reel to reel tape and credit card magnetic tape strips on the back of your card. Be CAREFUL w/ this!!!

This thing is a small sized EMP device that will kill almost anything electronic you put it on. A decent one will distort the hell out of a CRT screen from better than 1 1/2 meters (4 5/8 feet) and a nice one a bit further. It will kill microchips and all magnetic recording media...which a hd is. Yes,before u ask,it will kill an SSD as well Very Happy

[img][/img]
jOn3z3y

Number of posts : 2272
Birthday : 1973-10-31
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Shogun on Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:33 pm

WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY
TOO
TECHNICAL
FOR
ME.

Google_Shogun
-Forum Admin/Clan Owner
-Oldest Guy Here
-Respect Your Elders!
Shogun
Admin

Number of posts : 1498
Birthday : 1959-02-06
Registration date : 2009-01-23

http://www.scopetrader.com/shogun

Back to top Go down

Post by Boyo on Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:15 pm

Bunny wrote:or u can get a password resetter called the ultimate boot disk and it will reset ur passwords lol

How do you do it with UBD? I have both UBD and UBD4win (ultimate boot disk 4 windows, for those who dont know lol)

jOn3z3y wrote:Btw...if u want to make it difficult to maually reset your bios password....simply cut off the third pin for resetting which u can still use if u have a steady hand and a small screwdriver or other small piece of ferrous metal.

What about the battery? If you yank it out won't bios reset, including the password.

Boyo

(\_/)
Boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by 420 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:29 pm

Shogun wrote:WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY
TOO
TECHNICAL
FOR
ME.

lol i was just about to say the same thing
but if i ever steal a laptop or a computer im definitely coming back to this topic Very Happy

Number of posts : 119
Birthday : 1991-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by BunBun<3 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:50 am

Boyo wrote:
Bunny wrote:or u can get a password resetter called the ultimate boot disk and it will reset ur passwords lol

How do you do it with UBD? I have both UBD and UBD4win (ultimate boot disk 4 windows, for those who dont know lol)

jOn3z3y wrote:Btw...if u want to make it difficult to maually reset your bios password....simply cut off the third pin for resetting which u can still use if u have a steady hand and a small screwdriver or other small piece of ferrous metal.

What about the battery? If you yank it out won't bios reset, including the password.

it stores the battery as apart of the firmware if its enabled and it uses power as long as its plugged in it will have power and if u pull out the battery it has power in the circuits

sorry its hirens boot disk

If you use this program and got ban , kick , caught by police , block by users or computer monitor explodes

Left the clan?
BunBun<3

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y on Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:53 am

Yep...bunny's right on w/ that one....trillions on capacitors in the circuit. Really on most mobo's...it won't do anything at all except make you reset bcuz the internal clock gets scrambled sometimes. U can run a usb device in bios...or dos for that matter. Still,if you know more about digital logic...there are ways around everything.

There are other programs Such as Acronis and others that work in the bios enviroment. Lol...there's one important win componet missing from my OS...Nt loader. And w/o it....u cannot boot the os at all. Together they work like a key to a car...and u cant hotwire that.

But,then it becomes a situation of too much work for an unknown result,possibly destruction of the motherboard. U have to remember,there are circuit traces less than 1/4 the width of a human hair. And componets (Surface Mount Technology or SMT) that are .33mm in length. Good luck making a bypass circuit on something u need a microscope to see.

Almost forgot....you can pull the bios chip and reflash it if you have a chip burner. LOL...nothing is ever totally secure. One further thing....this is really geared to securing your own equipment and how 2 clean everything...and I mean everything out if you buy a used computer or sell your own. Razz Too technical? Haahahahaaaaaa Sho....nah,im sure you know more than a lil bit about this kind of stuff being a science guy yourself. Very Happy

[img][/img]
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by BunBun<3 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:29 am

no nothing is ever secure no matter how sucure u think u are u have a major hole some where... its hte matter of cat and mouse even couple of months i clean my system and make a new one lol

Left the clan?
BunBun<3

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y on Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:33 am

lol...i do exactly the same. Very Happy

[img][/img]
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by BunBun<3 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:25 am

can never be to save eh i found back up my windows activation helps lol
Smile)

Left the clan?
BunBun<3

Back to top Go down

Post by Boyo on Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:48 am

Where can I download Hiren's disk? I went to hiren.info but didn't find a link to download it. I googled it but Idk what sites are reliable. @.@

If I really wanted to get data off someones hard drive and bios was secure, I would take out the hard drive. Then stick it in my computer, pop UBCD4win in the cd tray, start up the computer, and move the data I want to a flash drive or an external hard drive. Than to decript the data, come back here for help XD

Boyo

(\_/)
Boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y on Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:30 am

I just reconfigured last night to raid 0+1 for real time backups....Nxt week when my new mobo comes in it'll be straight out of "Apcolypse Now" I luv the smell of solder in the morning!

[img][/img]
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by Boyo on Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:55 pm

Tried raid 0 once, the adapter wasn't recognized by windows lol!

shoot

EDIT: the hard drives plugged into the hard drives weren't recognized

my computer is gay

Last edited by Boyo on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:53 am; edited 2 times in total

Boyo

(\_/)
Boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y on Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:28 pm

which version of windows?

[img][/img]
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by Boyo on Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:52 pm

Windows XP Home Edition SP3

The first time I started the computer up with the adapter in one of the PCI slots (i think thats what they're called), windows asked me where the drivers were, I put the cd in, the adapter was installed succesfully, I then installed the application that came with it, shutdown the computer, hooked up 3 200GB Western digital hard drives to the adapter, started up the computer, ran the application to configure the system with raid 0 but the hard drives weren't on the list the program provided.

Boyo

(\_/)
Boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:14 am

Go to device manager under your system tab in control panel...click show all devices and then pick the one w/ the yellow ? mark beside it. Properties/reinstall driver and that should solve your problems.

[img][/img]
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by BunBun<3 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:14 am

hmm let me check something i bleive windows xp has a 2 tb limit

Left the clan?
BunBun<3

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y on Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:17 am

Raid arrays have np working w/ XP home edition. If I remember right,you can set up anything up to a raid 5 w/ that o/s. Nothing higher tho...ie: forget raid 10 or 0+1. Did you enable large drive support in home edition? WD has a utility for doing exactly that if you don't know how to. I don't remember the name but you can get it on their website. Much easier if you will just upgrade to Pro Sp3.

[img][/img]
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by Boyo on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:53 am

Win XP can support up to 256 TB Very Happy

and I've given up on trying to set up raid 0 on my system, thanks anyway jon Very Happy

Figured out another way to crack.
If you get a friends old password all you have to do is click the system restor button on the splash screen and reset the system to a time when that password was in use.

If you have to so a system restore to get access, do it. Then use recuva to get the deleted files back.

Boyo

(\_/)
Boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by BunBun<3 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:05 am

Boyo wrote:Win XP can support up to 256 TB Very Happy

and I've given up on trying to set up raid 0 on my system, thanks anyway jon Very Happy

Figured out another way to crack.
If you get a friends old password all you have to do is click the system restor button on the splash screen and reset the system to a time when that password was in use.

If you have to so a system restore to get access, do it. Then use recuva to get the deleted files back.
Nope It can not it only supports 2 tb :/! per hard drive I took a class on the structure of xp and server 2008 >> so FAIL !!!

Left the clan?
BunBun<3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top